Thursday, January 28

an eggcelent mishap


So...this morning I thought I would boil some eggs for the rest of the week. They're a yummy, healthy protein snack. Well, I didn't set the timer bc I thought "I'll remember them." Yeah, um, I am known for being forgetful. So forty minutes later I remember. Put them under cold water, shake one, still runny. Crap. Well, it is 8 eggs, don't wanna waste 'em. Put them back on to boil, again, no timer. Duh! An hour later, relaxing in the shower, it hits me. Eggs are boiling! Not to worry, since they're probably ruined anyway. I finish my shower, go check the eggs, barely enough water to cover the bottom of the pan! So I crack one to see if these little babies can be salvaged. They can! Amazing. You can totally screw up something as simple as boiling an egg and they still come out right! Salt, anyone?
Share:

2 comments:

glarcy said...

boiled eggs sound more forgiving than poached

Jana and Rob said...

LOL. What was shaking inside the egg after 40 minutes?? That thing shoulda been solid.